Why choose Theatre at Dal?
If you dream of exploring theatre or film, the Dalhousie Theatre Department offers many amazing opportunities:
- Costume Studies
- Film Studies
- Music and Theatre
- Technical Scenography
- Theatre Studies
- Electives for non-major
Whether your passion is for acting, directing, playwriting, analyzing theatre or film, costume design or construction, scenic design or carpentry, lighting, sound, props, stage management, or studying the history of theatre, the Theatre Department can give you what you need to get you started in your chosen career.
Students from different streams of study collaborate with each other and with nationally and internationally renowned directors and designers to present four DalTheatre Productions a year.
Dalhousie is ready to foster an artistic partnership with you – one that will lead to a successful career.
Theatre students from all streams of study came together to make the DalTheatre production, Trelawny of the Wells, a resounding hit.
Bachelor of Arts (BA)
Bachelor of Arts
- Concentration (3 years)
- Major/Double Major (4 years)
- Honours/Combined Honours (4 years)
Diploma in Costume Studies
- Diploma (2 years)
Required high school courses:
- 4 additional university preparatory courses
See admission requirements for more information.
- June 8, registration begins for new high school students
- September 5, classes begin, fall term
- December 5, exams begin
- See other important dates.
- Typically, classes have between 15 and 50 students; however, some of the more general introductory classes have between 100 and 150 students per class.
Use our Fee Calculator to estimate the cost of a full year at Dalhousie.
Residence & Housing
Whether you're applying to one of our residence halls or you’re looking for help with an off-campus apartment search, Dalhousie’s Residence and Housing services can help.
- Meal plans
- Dorm-style traditional residences
- Apartment-style, non-traditional
- Off-campus housing
- March 15: deadline for scholarship consideration for fall semester
- April 1: for international applicants
- June 1: for Canadian and American applicants
- August 15: Dalhousie students returning to the same program or visiting students
- See the full list of application deadlines for all programs here