Top 8 reasons to study Social Work at Dal:
- Progressive: We recently overhauled our curriculum in accordance with worldwide, progressive, cutting edge advances in the profession.
- Distance learning: Students from coast to coast do degrees by distance delivery.
- Field work: Choose from an expansive and innovative range of field placements.
- Community connection: Our professors are connected to community issues and agencies, locally and nationally.
- Independent study: Students can take electives that allow them to focus on an area of interest.
- Top notch: Our new director, Jan Fook, is an internationally acclaimed critical social work scholar.
- Transformative: We focus our approach to teaching and analysis on transformative learning.
- Get involved: We have opportunities for student involvement in a wide range of research ventures beyond our core social work classes.
What will I learn?
Our program is a journey that expands your mind. Our classes teach you to recognize the role of assumptions, values, dominant discourses and prevailing ideologies in daily life – and how we can improve lives, too.
What can I do?
You'll find Social Work graduates working in hospitals, schools, politics and running their own community organizations. Our degree is both professional and general, providing skills for a range of careers after graduation.