Why choose Microbiology and Immunology at Dal?
Dalhousie's Microbiology and Immunology programs will help you understand the disease-causing potential of bacteria and viruses, and the responses of the immune system.
Microbiology is the study of microorganisms such as viruses, bacteria and parasites, and the roles they play in our lives. Immunology is the study of how the body protects itself from microbes that cause infectious disease and tumours. This includes the study of immune disorders such as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), multiple sclerosis (MS), and asthma.
In either program, you'll learn with instructors who are experts and active researchers in infectious diseases, cancer biology, inflammation, and host-pathogen interactions.
Bachelor of Science (BSc)
- Major/Double Major (4 years)
- Honours/Combined Honours (4 years)
- Co-op Major/Double Major (4.5 years)
- Co-op Honours/Combined Honours (4.5 years)
If you wish to pursue a degree in Microbiology and Immunolgy, you must contact an academic advisor.
Required high school courses:
- Pre-Calculus or Calculus
- 3 additional university preparatory classes
Recommended high school courses:
See Admissions requirements for more information.
- June 8, registration begins for new high school students
- September 5, classes begin, fall term
- December 5, exams begin
- See other important dates.
- First- to third-year classes range from 50 to 150 students.
- Fourth-year classes are typically 10 to 15 students.
Use our Fee Calculator to estimate the cost of a full year at Dalhousie.
Residence & Housing
Whether you're applying to one of our residence halls or you’re looking for help with an off-campus apartment search, Dalhousie’s Residence and Housing Services can help.
- Meal plans
- Dorm-style, traditional residences
- Apartment-style, non-traditional
- Off-campus housing
- March 15: deadline for scholarship consideration for fall semester
- April 1: for international applicants
- June 1: for Canadian and American applicants
- August 15: Dalhousie students returning to the same program or visiting students
- See the full list of application deadlines for all programs here