Top 7 reasons to choose the Law and Society minor at Dal:
- Learn about the law from an interdisciplinary perspective, by taking courses in a number of programs and departments in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
- Explore your interest in human rights and how the law comes into play in defining or treating different groups.
- See the law not only from a by-the-book case law perspective, but also from a sociological or psychological perspective.
- Discover how restitution programs and restorative justice are working—or not—in various situations, from post-genocide Rwanda to the repercussions of the Residential Schools program for Aboriginal children here in Canada.
- Find out about the role of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in reporting on various countries’ human rights performance.
- Learn about the history of law and the evolution of laws to their current state.
- You’ll be able to investigate your interest in law as a potential career.