Study at the Faculty of Agriculture in Truro
Located one hour from Halifax in Truro, NS, Dalhousie's Agricultural Campus is a great place to study, work and live.
Top 7 reasons to study Integrated Environmental Management at Dalhousie:
- An inter-disciplinary program: You'll study bio-resources, precision agriculture, renewable energy and waste management—a mix of disciplines unique among environmental management programs.
- An engineering approach: At the Faculty of Agriculture in Truro, you'll learn how to manage the effects of modern agriculture and technology on the environment from a systems and practice perspective. Study the technologies associated with land, water, buildings and machinery.
- Resource access: Visit on-campus environmental management sites like managed wetlands, an energy-creating algae colony and our Bio-Environmental Engineering Centre, one of Canada’s leading adaptive research and development facilities.
- Research activity: Our faculty are active researchers who incorporate their work and current industry issues into your education.
- A marketable education: Demand is growing for resource management professionals. You could have an exciting career in the environmental, agricultural or bio-resource industries.
- Be part of the solution: Our program relates directly to three of the most pressing issues facing our world right now: food, water and the environment. It will strengthen your problem-solving skills and put them to use.
- Professional recognition: As a graduate of the IEM program, you’ll meet the formal educational requirements for membership in the Nova Scotia Institute of Agrologists, which monitors professionals working in the agri-food industry.