Top 10 reasons to study Health Sciences at Dal:
- We offer degree programs in five professional disciplines: Diagnostic Cytology, Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound, Nuclear Medicine, Radiological Technology, and Respiratory Therapy.
- We have small class sizes with fantastic one-on-one interaction with the instructors.
- With job openings across the country, you can start your career as soon as you graduate.
- Some students are sponsored with bursaries from regional hospitals while they study.
- Starting in your first term, you’ll work with the latest medical technology in the Maritimes' largest health-care facility, alongside some of the best medical professionals in the country.
- We’re a tight-knit school with an active student association that organizes lots of social events each year.
- Our programs are accredited by the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) and the Council on Accreditation for Respiratory Therapy Education (CoARTE).
- Our graduates receive national certification in their disciplines, meaning you can work anywhere in Canada and many places overseas.
- We are the only fully integrated four-year university-based program of its kind in Canada.
- Our interprofessional approach to teaching means you will study and work side-by-side with students in other health-related programs.
What will I learn?
In our Nuclear Medicine Technology classes, you'll not only study radiopharmaceuticals, you'll also learn how to prepare them safely and discover how they're used in nuclear medicine and Positron Emission Tomography (PET).
What can I do?
Have you ever wondered what it's like to look inside the human body? Radiological technologists use such diagnostic imaging methods as X-ray, CT, mammography, and MRI to find out what's going on inside of us.