If you’re interested in a preparatory degree, Dal’s Gender and Women’s Studies program provides you with the knowledge and skills you’ll need for professional schools and programs in the fields of education, social work, counselling, journalism, the health professions, and certain areas of law.
It also provides preparation for graduate programs in interdisciplinary studies, cultural studies, and educational studies, as well as in gender and women’s studies. To be ready for graduate work, you should choose one of the four-year degree program options at Dal.
After graduating from Dal’s Gender and Women’s Studies program, you could continue in one of the following areas:
- a Bachelor of Education (BEd)
- a Juris Doctor (JD) or Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- a Bachelor of Social Work
- a Master of Arts in Journalism, International Development Studies, History, English or another master’s program in the Faculty of Social Sciences, depending on your combined major or honours
- a Master of Arts in Gender and Women’s Studies