Study at the Faculty of Agriculture in Truro
Located one hour from Halifax in Truro, NS, Dalhousie's Agricultural Campus is a great place to study, work and live.
Top 7 reasons to study Environmental Sciences at Dalhousie:
- Specialized study: Get an education that sparks your interest - focus your degree on one of six scientific areas of specialty.
- An integrated program: At our Faculty of Agriculture in Truro, you’ll study a mix of disciplines from analytical and biosciences to ecology and ecophysiology, gaining a solid understanding of the forces behind environmental processes.
- Hands-on work: Learn by using our scientific instruments to identify environmental issues and apply the science behind them to find reasonable and workable solutions.
- Facility access: Our Bio-Environmental Engineering Centre is one of Canada’s leading adaptive research and development facilities. You'll also have access to a collection of 31,000 specimens and functioning ecosystems to make your studies real and relevant.
- Expert teaching: Whatever you choose as your specialty, you’ll get instruction from well-trained minds like soil scientists, bioproducts scientists, horticulturalists and animal scientists.
- A field for the future: Our quality of life in the future will largely depend on our ability to solve some complex environmental problems. As an Environmental Sciences major, you can make a difference.
- Employment opportunities: Canada’s environmental industry is diverse, and it continues to grow. Employers are seeking graduates with broad skill sets and the ability to learn on the job. You’ll gain both of these advantages in our program.