Black and African Diaspora Studies (Minor) Interdisciplinary
Top 5 reasons to study Black and African Diaspora Studies at Dalhousie:
- From past to present: Explore interdisciplinary scholarship about African peoples in Canada and discover the history and contemporary issues facing Black Canadians.
- Make the connections: Develop your awareness of how race, sex, gender, class and other identities affect Black people.
- Global perspective: Expand your knowledge of the culture and history of African peoples around the world, including discussions of colonialism, power and racial injustice.
- Critical thinking: Use the tools of Critical Race and Black feminist theories to examine the meaning of Blackness and the concept of race.
- Complement your major: A minor in Black and African Diaspora Studies adds a valuable dimension to degrees in subjects such as Anthropology, Sociology, History, Philosophy and more.