Study at the Faculty of Agriculture in Truro
Located one hour from Halifax in Truro, NS, Dalhousie's Agricultural Campus is a great place to study, work and live.
Top 7 reasons to study Aquaculture at Dalhousie:
- The Aquaculture Centre: An 8,100 square-foot facility, located at the Dalhousie Agricultural Campus in Truro, includes freshwater and seawater sources, wet and dry labs and high-performance technology.
- Underwater diversity: You'll work with a variety of fish, shellfish and plant species, from salmon to algae.
- Get your hands wet: Whether raising fish from egg to adult or managing aquatic ecosystems, you'll learn by doing.
- Graduate study options: Students can pursue a Master's (MSc) in Aquaculture, offered in partnership with the National Research Council, after completing an undergraduate degree.
- An expanding field: With seafood increasingly coming from farms, the skills you'll acquire in fish, shellfish and aquatic plant production and maintenance are increasingly marketable.
- Career choices: Aquaculture grads put their knowledge to use in a variety of ways, including food production, conservation and research.
- The big picture: You'll learn about the impact of Aquaculture on environmental and social issues.