Study at the Faculty of Agriculture in Truro
Located one hour from Halifax in Truro, NS, Dalhousie's Agricultural Campus is a great place to study, work and live.
Top 8 reasons to study Agricultural Economics at Dalhousie:
- Be a deciding factor: At the core of your Agricultural Economics major is an emphasis on professional decision-making as it applies to issues like resource use and policy.
- Interdisciplinary study: Agricultural Economics combines knowledge and skills from mathematics, management and social sciences.
- Theory plus practice: Explore the ideas that guide Agricultural Economics and develop practical skills by putting those ideas to work.
- Open for debate: Our courses include lively discussions around current issues, so your education is always relevant and your voice is always heard.
- International perspective: In class discussions about global issues, you'll discover a rapidly changing world and interact with students from around the world.
- Transferable skills: The skills you'll acquire will prepare you to succeed in a variety of careers in economics, government and education.
- Special guests: Our courses frequently feature guest lecturers who add real-world perspective.
- Research-based education: You'll study research methodology and techniques, which will prepare you to take on your own faculty-supervised research project in your fourth year.