Doctor in Dental Surgery (DDS) program (4 years)
The Faculty of Dentistry accepts up to 38 candidates into the Doctor in Dental Surgery (DDS) program each year. Preference is given to permanent residents of the Atlantic provinces. The applicants are selected on a competitive basis—those with the highest university grades, highest DAT scores, strongest resume and references, as well as results from the Faculty of Dentistry interview and testing, have the best chance of admission.
- December 1: application form and fee
- February 1: supporting documents
DDS Qualifying Program (2 years)
The Faculty of Dentistry accepts up to 10 candidates into the DDS Qualifying Program each year. Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada. The applicants are selected on a competitive basis—those with the highest scores on the AFK test, as well as results from the Faculty of Dentistry interview and testing, have the best chance of admission.
- September 1: for receipt of application form and fee
- October 1: for receipt of supporting documents
For entry into the program in 2017, the application deadlines will be:
- April 1, 2016: for receipt of application form and fee
- May 1, 2016: for receipt of supporting documents
Dental Specialty Assessment and Training (DSATP) in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (1 year)
In order to be eligible to apply to the DSATP, applicants must be graduates of a specialty oral and maxillofacial surgery program not recognized by CDAC or CODA. Applicants must also have completed the Dental Specialty Core Knowledge Examination.
- Application must be completed prior to December 1 of the year preceding commencement of the program.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all documentation has been received by the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Sciences by the December 1 deadline.
Please review the admission requirements for DSATP before applying.
Dr. Jean-Charles Doucet, Program Director, or Ms. Kathy Drew, Administrative Assistant
Department of OMFS, Dalhousie University
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3H 1W2 Canada