Convocation ceremonies are held indoors at the Rebecca Cohn Auditorium in the Dalhousie Arts Centre (6101 University Ave, Halifax). Graduates are seated on the main floor of the auditorium. Following Convocation a reception is held in the Arts Centre lobby and Sculpture Court; all are invited to attend.
Special seating arrangements
If you and/or your guest(s) require special seating or other arrangements due to a disability, please contact email@example.com.
Arrival and Assembly
- Assemble: Graduands assemble, in academic dress, one hour prior to the start of the ceremony on the fourth level of the Dalhousie Arts Centre.
Spring Convocation - Law graduands assemble in the atrium of the Law School
- Degree: Look for a sign with your degree name and stay in that general area.
- Name card: A Marshal will provide you with your name card and line you up in alphabetical order. If you do not receive a name card, inform the Marshal as you cannot cross the stage without it.
Your name card indicates the name of your degree and program. It will also mention if you have achieved first class honours, distinction, University and/or DSU special award.
- Lining up: You'll be lined up in pairs with the person who comes first alphabetically on the right.
- Procession: The procession begins 10 minutes before the ceremony start time. You will be led down the stairs and into the auditorium; please stay in pairs.
- Seating: All graduands sit in the right-hand section of the auditorium. You are to remain standing until the Vice-President invites you to sit down.
Parking on campus is limited. Visitors are welcome to park at one of the metered parking spots at the University, however; parking meters on side streets are enforced by the local police department.