The Co-op Experience
Gain real-world experience
Our cooperative (co-op) education programs provide an opportunity to apply classroom learning in a professional workplace. Co-op students alternate semesters of academic study with semesters of full-time, paid employment in positions related to your discipline/career interests.
Why choose co-op?
By combining classroom study with hands-on experience, you'll gain the skills necessary to become a knowledgeable professional in your field of study. Through co-op, you'll have an opportunity to:
- apply classroom theory to a practical environment
- learn from experts in the field
- uncover strengths, interests and career goals
- earn a paycheck
- develop a network of professional contacts
- gain real-world experience
- apply confidently for employment upon graduation
Placement opportunities extend beyond the limits of Halifax; your co-op placement may be anywhere in Canada or around the world.