Friendly. Dynamic. Diverse. Proud.
Dalhousie’s campus reflects a diverse mix of students from many different backgrounds that come from across Canada and around the world, bringing culture to Dalhousie in a variety of forms.
At Dalhousie, culture is:
- celebrating La Velada, an annual Latin American fiesta legendary for its food, music and dancing
- opera night at the Dalhousie Arts Centre
- cheering on residence teams at our annual Charity Cup Hockey Game
- friendly conversation on the colourful adirondack chairs around campus
- participating in Green Week and promoting environmental sustainability on campus
- a game of ultimate frisbee on Wickwire field
- heading out with friends for Trivia Night at the Grawood or the T-Room, Dalhousie’s campus bars
Our rich campus culture not only ensures that you’ll find plenty of people who share common interests, but gives you an opportunity to try something completely new. Explore more of campus life at Dalhousie.
Students are supported in their quest for academic success by award-winning professors, mentors and committed staff in our student services units, all dedicated to helping you reach your goals.
Many of our students gain international experience during their years at Dalhousie, enriching their studies in a different cultural environment and improving their language skills in one of over 70 international exchange programs. For more information, check out International Student and Exchange Services.